[Tutor] pyexcelerator

Paul D. Kraus paul.kraus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 20:52:57 CEST 2006

> I just looked at my copy of PyExcelerator. It seems to be in poor shape.
> I tried running some of the modules that have if __name__ == '__main__':
> (i.e. self-testing) and they failed with errors! And I find no visible
> documentation or working examples. Sigh.

You might want to check out the recent source from sourceforge its seems
very functional and it has a bunch of examples. Not very useful for ones as
far as I am concrened.

I have not tried to run the modules by themselves.

I hate the idea of having to pass or make a call to a perl script to handle
the excel stuff its just seems wrong. I wish there was some kind of *open*
format that i could write the spreadsheets to that both open office and
excel 2000/2003 could read natively.

Paul