[Tutor] Need info regd Singleton class implementation

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 12:25:29 CEST 2006

On 6/15/06, Akanksha Govil <govilakanksha at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I need to implement a singleton class in python.
> Please give me some refernce sites which can help me with the same.

The online Python Cookbook is a good reference site.  Here's the
result from a search:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/search?query=singleton&x=0&y=0&section=PYTHONCKBK&type=Subsection

I use the following from the printed edition of the Python Cookbook:

class Singleton(object):
    """From the 2nd edition of the Python cookbook.
       Ensures that only one instance is created per running script"""
    def __new__(cls, *args, **kwargs):
        if '_inst' not in vars(cls):
            cls._inst = object.__new__(cls, *args, **kwargs)
        return cls._inst

André