[Tutor] I Give Up.

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Sun Jun 18 21:46:36 CEST 2006

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 07:37:40PM -0400, Brian Gustin wrote:

[snip]

> OK.. maybe another project to tackle.. I guess I just need to start
> building the python documentation the way I think it outta be done...
> and see how it goes over..

At the top of the table of contents of the library reference, it
says:

    Python Library Reference
    Guido van Rossum
    Python Software Foundation
    Email: docs at python.org
    Fred L. Drake, Jr., editor

So, another thing you could do is to send an email to Fred Drake
at docs at python.org in which you provide an example with a bit of
commentary and ask him to include it in the ConfigParser section.

Another suggestion: Go to the Python Wiki at
http://wiki.python.org/moin/, then search for ConfigParser.  There
are already several related pages there, but I could not find a
page that gives examples.  So, you could add a
ConfigParserExamples page that has one or more of the examples
provided in this thread, or some of your own code, with a bit of
explanation, and then link to it from the main ConfigParser page.

In defense of the standard docs -- Since, the standard Python
documentation (language reference, library reference, etc) are
reference docs, they do not replace tutorial books like "Learning
Python" or "Learn to Program Using Python" (by Alan Gauld, who
also posts on this list).  Still I've found so much of what I need
in those documents, that I have a hard time complaining.  And, my
thanks to Fred Drake.

Dave

[snip]

--