[Tutor] How can I add my folder to pythonpath?

Laszlo Antal lantal at tmail.com
Fri Jun 23 23:25:56 CEST 2006

On 06/23/06 at  2:11 PM you wrote:
>  If I understand what you're asking (forgive me if I misunderstood),
> you need to create a file in the mymodules directory and call it
> __init__.py (even if you don't put anything in this file).  This tells
> Python that it is a package containing modules.  Then, in your program
> myprogram.py, you can say import mymodule1
>  mymodule1.function_name('foo')
>  Then it shouldn't matter what computer you are on; the script should
> run.
>  HTH,
>  emily
>

>  Laszlo Antal wrote:
>  >Hi,
>  >This is how my directory looks
>  >myprogram    (this is the main folder for my program)
>  >|
>  >  myprogram.py
>  >  mymodules  (this is where I store my modules)
>  >      |
>  >        mymodule1.py
>  >        mymodule2.py
>  >I would like to import from mymodules folder my modules1.py,
>  >mymodules2.py into myprogram.py.
>  >How can I add mymodules folder to pythonpath
>  >from myprogram.py.?
>  >So if I copy myprogram folder into an other pc than
>  >myprogram.py can take care of adding mymodules folder to
>  >pythonpath.
>  >Thank you in advance
>  >Laszlo Antal
>  >_
I tried your suggestion.
I created a file inside mymodules folder called __init__.py.
when i run myprogram.py i still get the same error.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/laszlo/myprogram/myprogram.py", line 7, in ?
     import mymodule1
ImportError: No module named mymodule1#

What am I doing wrong?