[Tutor] database help for newbie, fetchall()

Rene Bourgoin r2b2 at myway.com
Mon Jun 26 02:14:55 CEST 2006

What is the best way to handle the resutls to a fetchall() command?
The result seems to be a list of tuples [(aaa,bbb,ccc0,(11,222,333,)]. I'm new to programming but it seems that what ever I try to accomplish at some point i need the results to end up as strings. Even if you loop through the list you are left with a tuple that represents each column. (aa,bbb,x,ccc)
Then you need to loop through the tuple to get your data into strings to use in your app some where.
It seems to be more steps then it should be.
Is there a cleaner way to do this?