[Tutor] Tutorial for creating web server

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sat Mar 4 13:12:31 CET 2006

Rakesh Mishra wrote:
> Even you not clear than simply in one word I wanted to built Apache web
> server in python.

If you really want to write Apache from scratch in Python you have a lot
of learning and a lot of work to do. A good starting point might be the
book Foundations of Python Network Programming.
http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=363

You will also need to understand HTTP protocol, I'm sure Google can help
there. The reference for HTTP is RFC 2068:
http://www.freesoft.org/CIE/RFC/2068/index.htm

But why do you want to do this? There are several excellent Python
webservers available. If your goal is to create a home page, this is the
hard way to do it.

Kent