[Tutor] Analysing genetic code (DNA) using python

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Mon Mar 6 19:52:53 CET 2006

sjw28 wrote:
> I have many notepad documents that all contain long chunks of genetic
> code....

> I've tried various ways of doing this but keep coming unstuck along the
> way. Has anyone got any suggestions for how they would tackle this
> problem?
> Thanks for any help recieved!

You really should look at biopython as has been suggested on
comp.lang.python. The first example in the quick start guide does most
of what you are asking for:
http://biopython.org/docs/tutorial/Tutorial003.html#toc5

Alternately you can post what you have tried and what questions you have
and we will help you work through them.

Kent