[Tutor] [OT] Shells

Simon Gerber nequeo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 03:36:52 CET 2006

> It looks promising, although without good command line editing and the
> ability to create active GUIs it will be limited. But then, you can't do GUIs in
> bash either...

There's always Zenity. Which of course isn't a built in part of the
Bash shell. But it does allow you to create simple GUI dialogues to
use with shell scripts. And most distro's include it as part of the
default installation.

--
Seen in the release notes for ACPI-support 0.34:

'The "I do not wish to discuss it" release
  * Add workaround for prodding fans back into life on resume
  * Add sick evil code for doing sick evil things to sick evil
    screensavers'