[Tutor] Automatic software performance meter

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 10 20:19:42 CET 2006

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, [ISO-8859-1] János Juhász wrote:

> is it any easy way to mesaure a windows software response time from python
>  script ?
> I think about a small python script that can open a win32 application,
>  insert a new order with sendkey, deliver the goods, do other things and
>  create a small log file with the different split times.
> I would like to controll the time needed for a business procedure instead
>  of the ping time  :)

Hi Janos,

The "profiler" programs that come with Python can give some kind of idea
about how long a function takes.  One side effect of them, though, is that
the profiled Python program will take more time to run because it's doing
a lot more measurement, but that may be ok for you.

and the Instant Users Manual that's in section three of that documentation
for examples.

Best of wishes to you!