[Tutor] xemacs and python mode difficulty

Francesco Queirolo francescoqueirolo at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 18:04:34 CET 2006

Relevant Data
Windows XP SP 2 or greater
Python 2.4.2 Final
Xemacs 21.4.19

I really like xemacs as my editor of everything. However when I downloaded the installer for 21.4.19 to update my xemacs installation, python mode was gone. Searching for how to customize xemacs led me to a great deal of confusion.

I would like to know the difference between ~/.emacs and .xemacs\custom.el and also how to install the python module, so that I can get syntax highlighting, the tab trick, C-c C-c, and the rest of the old python mode functionality.

Thank you,

Francesco Queirolo
francescoqueirolo at yahoo.com
Yahoo! Travel
 Find  great deals to the top 10 hottest destinations!