[Tutor] Fill in a web form

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sat Mar 18 20:26:15 CET 2006

David Holland wrote:
> Is there a way in python to automatically put values in a web page ?
> For example I used to travel on a train (I live in the UK) that is
> always late.  Is there a way to automatically to do this ?

Can you be more specific? Do you want to script the browser so it
displays a page (try PAMIE for IE or PyXPCOM for Mozilla) or do you want
to write a program that fetches the data and displays it (urllib2 or
mechanize/ClientForm to fetch the data, BeautifulSoup to parse the
response and get what you want).

Google any of the above for details or ask again here.

Kent