[Tutor] Opening .py files in firefox

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 00:52:29 CET 2006

On 3/19/06, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk> wrote:
> > computer) using firefox, it gives me two options: running the script
> > with the default Python app, or saving the file.  What I would like is
> > to display the file as text in the browser.
>
> Open Tools->Folder Options in Windows explorer

[snipped useful explanation on setting defaults within Windows explorer]

> If the browser tries to execute the script you will need to go to
> the file types setting in the browser and set .py to plain-text.

This is what I need to do ... but, after looking at all the options
(within tools->Options), I still can not find a way to do this;
firefox insists on executing the script.  This is for a local file.

btw, the deleted part of your explantion contained an unfortunate
firefox-snafu: when I try to open a file in "my document", firefox
splits up the path, interprets the request as a series of files to
open, and start to open a number of totally unrelated webpages.

> But I didn't need to do that.

:-( for me!

Thanks for your help, anyway; I'll stick to opening them with an editor for now.

André