[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 25, Issue 70

Carroll, Barry Barry.Carroll at psc.com
Tue Mar 28 19:10:32 CEST 2006

John:

Well, I haven't made a custom container class before.  This looks like a
good time to start.  And the sample code you provided looks like a good
starting place.  Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Barry
barry.carroll at psc.com
541-302-1107
________________________
We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals.

-Quarry worker's creed

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:33:46 +1200
> From: "John Fouhy" <john at fouhy.net>
> Subject: Re: [Tutor] Data Type with Dictionary and List Behavior
> To: tutor at python.org

<<snip>>

> Probably your best bet is to define your own container class.  If you
> define __getitem__, you can use [] with instances of your class, just
> like lists or dicts.

<<snip>>