[Tutor] XML node name and property

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Fri Mar 31 15:13:14 CEST 2006

Keo Sophon wrote:
> On Friday 31 March 2006 17:37, Kent Johnson wrote:
>
>>Keo Sophon wrote:
>>
>>>How can I get a name of an XML node and and its property name and its
>>>property value?
>>
>>How are your reading the XML? (xml.dom, ElementTree, BeautifulSoup...)
>>

> I am using xml.dom.

I generally use ElementTree for XML access, it is much simpler than
xml.dom. But here is what I figured out:
The tag name is node.nodeName

If by property you mean attribute, you can get a list of all attributes
by node.attributes.keys() and access the value of a particular one by
node.attributes['attributeName'].nodeValue

Google python xml.dom to find many more examples. Or Google ElementTree
to find an easier way to do it...

Kent