[Tutor] How do I create the equivalent of a Java class in Python?

w chun wescpy at gmail.com
Sun May 14 07:53:37 CEST 2006

> How do I create the equivalent of a Java class in Python? I've been looking
> at the reference, and it's been confusing to me at least.

can you clarify what you are looking for?  do you want to create a
class using Python, create the equivalent of a Java class using Python
via Jython, accessing a preexisting Java class from Python, or what?
you cannot simply write Java code in Python, but Python classes do get
turned into Java classes under the covers.

also, what is confusing you in the documentation?  can you send a pointer to it?

thanks,
-- wesley
    http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com