[Tutor] Running multiple version of Python on 1 windows

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 02:34:19 CET 2006

>From Kent
>>You don't say what OS you are running but under Windows it is trivial to
>>have multiple versions of Python installed, I have 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5.
>>They are each in their own directories, all in the system path. I have
>>aliases called py23, py24 and py25 that let me launch the version I
>>want. I'm pretty sure you can do something similar with other OSes.

If you want script abc.py to run with python 2.3, and script xyz.py to run
with 2.5, how can you control this form the command line?

python abc.py

vs

python xyz.py?

One task I'm faced with is evaluating the benefits of migrating a huge
framework from 2.3 to 2.4?
I'd rather use two machines for this rather than install 2.4 on my 2.3machine.

If I need to make any changes in the scripts to work on 2.4, I don't want
that interfering with a fully-working 2.3 environment.