[Tutor] Ruby Code Blocks vs. Python Lambdas

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 7 18:22:52 CET 2006

Apropos of nothing at all...

"Kent Johnson" <kent37 at tds.net> wrote
> Carroll, Barry wrote:
>> ... consensus was that Python was much better than Ruby
>
> Sounds like you had a table full of Pythonistas.

And Andreas, Danny and I also argued for Ruby.
And elsewhere Tim making a case for Rebol.

It just strikes me as interesting that on a Python oriented mailing
list we have people arguing in defence of other languages! This
is not something you see every day on the internet, and indicative
of the nature of the Python community I think.

:-)

Alan G.