[Tutor] Ruby Code Blocks vs. Python Lambdas

Carroll, Barry Barry.Carroll at psc.com
Thu Nov 9 18:45:55 CET 2006

Hello, John
Fouhy

http://www.secnetix.de/~olli/Python/lambda_functions.hawk

> > So that principle has already been bent.  Since code blocks are more
> > flexible and more intuitive than lambdas, why not add them to the
tool
> > box?  To quote some more principles:
>
> PEP3099 (http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3099/) makes this seem
> unlikely..
>
> --
> John.

Yes, I'd say it certainly does.  It's unfortunate, IMHO, but I'm not a
language designer and probably don't understand all the implications of
such a change.  -sigh-

Regards,

Barry
barry.carroll at psc.com
541-302-1107
We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals.

-Quarry worker's creed