[Tutor] Which is the latest version of Python for windows

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Sat Nov 11 00:10:00 CET 2006

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Chris Hengge wrote:

> I've been trying to look for a roadmap or something from them that would
> show estimated product release dates. Does this not exist?

I sent an email to Trent Mick at Activestate and asked if they had an ETA
(and ended with "you guys aren't dropping Python, are you?").  His
response (posted with permission):

   No, definitely not dropping Python. All my time has been focussed on
   Komodo 4.0 development. I've started picking up ActivePython again just
   recently, but there is quite a bit of work there: Python 2.5 added
   quite a bit. My *hope* is to have something in Nov or Dec, but Komodo
   4.0 final is planned for mid/late January so it is possible it'll slip.