[Tutor] A Million Sevens

Thomas tavspam at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 02:03:38 CET 2006

Earlier today I typed the following into my pythonwin interactive
interpreter in windows xp:

>>> int('7' * 10 ** 6)

 I expected either an error message or it to get stuck and require me to
stop the process manually.

 I read that unlike long integers in C, longs in python are only limited by
the amount of memory (and virtual memory) your system has.

Can you guess what it did?

I'm temped to end the post here, but I'm new to this list and its possible
that people might be annoyed by me not getting to the point within my
initial post, so here's what it did:

It thought about it for about 2 seconds then restarted my pc! explanations
welcome.