[Tutor] Changing mailing list options

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Nov 19 03:08:43 CET 2006

> I am new subscriber to python and now, I'm getting e-mail from all sorts
> of people having to do with questions I did not ask.  Please take steps
> to remove my address from that list and take steps to help me get e-mail
> only from people answering my questions.  I hope this is not an
> unreasonable request; if it is not, please advise.

Hi Kent,

There's a mailing list option that you can turn off that disables message
delivery.  You will still be able to post to the mailing list, but you
will not receive direct traffic from the mailing list.

(Note to others: this is exactly why Reply-To-All is a good idea.)

Please visit:

and go down to the bottom of the page where it says "To unsubscribe from
Tutor, get a password reminder, or change your subscription options enter
your subscription email address."

Fill in your address at the form below, and you should be able to navigate
to change your subscription options from that point on.

If you have problems doing this, contact the mailing list administrators
at 'tutor-owner at python.org', and we will be happy to make the changes for
you.

That being said, you may learn a few things from listening to the general
chatter on the list.  It's a bit busy these days, but I think there's
still worthwhile conversation.  There is a "digest mode" option that
bundles up messages from python-tutor so that it's easier to manage.

Good luck to you.