[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 33, Issue 84

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 23 18:33:24 CET 2006

> I think I see how to make a simple GUI with Tkinter, but I still
> don't see how to use one with even a simple, previously non-GUI
> Python script. I'm wondering if someone could create an example for
> me, using the 2 functions fact() and printFact() at
> <http://www.rcblue.com/Python/fact.txt>.

Hi Dick,

I wrote a tutorial that may help, but unfortunately, at the moment, it's
not in Python, but rather uses PLT Scheme's MrEd framework.

     http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/plt/mr-ed-notes.txt

The concepts should translate somewhat, though.  When I have time, I'll
adapt the core content to use Python and Tkinter for you.

It gives a brief, simple example, followed by a more slightly interesting
calculator example, both using a Model-View-Controller technique to
organize the code.