[Tutor] python exceptions

johnf jfabiani at yolo.com
Mon Nov 27 01:00:34 CET 2006

On Sunday 26 November 2006 15:43, Alan Gauld wrote:
> "johnf" <jfabiani at yolo.com> wrote
>
> > My debugger comes up with lots of exceptions (builtin with my IDE
> > wing) when I
> > run code I have obtained from others.  This is not a formating
> > error - but
> > real unhandled exceptions.  But the when the program/programs is/are
> > run from
> > the command line they work as expected.
>
> Can you show us a short example?
> Show the code and the errors from Wing
>
> Alan G.

I can but it's not the issue - I think?  I want to know how it works -
exceptions not handled by python that is.  Are there exception handled
outside of python when using modules such as wxPython and pyQT?  Or are some
exceptions not handled when running from the command line.

i.e.: python SomeApp.  Has exceptions but because it's running from the
command line exceptions are passed???  Or something else is happening?

--
John Fabiani