[Tutor] Newbie question: join() string method

jhl jhlaks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 14:40:55 CET 2006

I am not sure what 'random' does (what package is it from?), but

works, while

does not.  It appears 'join' only works on lists (and maybe tuples?) of
string objects and the list must be passed in as an argument.  Try
translating your list into a list of string representation of numbers and
then using join.

Hope this is a useful clue,