[Tutor] Newbie question: join() string method

jhl jhlaks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 14:40:55 CET 2006

Hi,

I am not sure what 'random' does (what package is it from?), but

list=['1','2','3']
slist=','.join(list)

works, while

list=[1,2,3]
slist=','.join(list)

does not.  It appears 'join' only works on lists (and maybe tuples?) of
string objects and the list must be passed in as an argument.  Try
translating your list into a list of string representation of numbers and
then using join.

Hope this is a useful clue,
-Jason