[Tutor] Does Fredrik Lundh's console module work on Win XP?

Dick Moores rdm at rcblue.com
Tue Nov 28 12:07:26 CET 2006

This seems it might be very useful. I just downloaded and thought I'd
installed "console-1.1a1-20011229.win32-py2.5.exe"  in Python 2.5 in
Win XP, but I can't get it to appear.

My attempts:
=======================================
E:\Python25\Lib\site-packages>Console.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "E:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\Console.py", line 34, in ?
     raise ImportError, "installation error: cannot find a console driver"
ImportError: installation error: cannot find a console driver

E:\Python25\Lib\site-packages>python Console.py
(silence)

Lundh says on http://effbot.org/zone/console-handbook.htm :

"The Console module provides a simple console interface, which
provides cursor-addressable text output, plus support for keyboard
and mouse input.

"The Console module is currently only available for Windows 95, 98,
NT, and 2000. It probably works under Windows XP, but it hasn't been
tested on that platform."

So DOES it work under Win XP? Or have I screwed something up?

Thanks,

Dick Moores