[Tutor] OT What's next

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Wed Nov 29 20:25:53 CET 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Alan Gauld wrote:

> But for the Python programmer I'd consider Borland Delphi, based
> on Pascal. Pascal is much more readable and Pythonic than C
> and allows the same level of access to the underlying hardware
> (and assembler when needed).

I'm going to apologize for taking this even further off-topic, but, if
the OP is looking at Delphi, he should know that Borland provides a
version of Delphi, called Turbo Delphi Explorer, that you can download and
use for free.  We also offer a priced "Professional" version, but for the
OP's interests, the Explorer edition will probably work just fine.

 http://www.turboexplorer.com/
 http://www.borland.com/downloads/download_turbo.html

Full disclosure: I say "we" above, because I *am* affiliated with Borland:
I'm Borland's in-house attorney for intellectual property and product
matters.  (What's an attorney doing on a Python list?  I was a developer
before I was an attorney, and still play around a little bit here and
there, and I usually use Python when I do.)