[Tutor] Is my Python install hosed?

Will Shattuck willshattuck at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 01:40:52 CEST 2006

I'm going through the tutorial "Learning to Program" at
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/.  I reached the section
talking about sys.exit().  I typed it in as indicated, but I received
errors rather than it actually exiting the Python Shell windows
generated when starting IDLE.  Here is the text:

>>> import sys
>>> sys.exit()

Traceback (most recent call last):

I seem to have issues running some programs from the web, but not
others. I do make sure that the prereqs are met.

Thanks for any help,

Will Shattuck  ( willshattuck.at.gmail.com )
Home Page:  http://www.thewholeclan.com/will

When you get to your wit's end, you'll find God lives there.