[Tutor] Help

Marc Poulin marc_a_poulin at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 04:46:07 CEST 2006

--- Kefka Palazzo <kefka.palazzo1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to learn a programming language good for
> programming entire
> games (core functions too) similar to both the Final
> Fantasy and Metroid
> series. From the book I'm learning from (Python
> Programming for the Absolute
> Beginner, by Michael Dawsom) it seems like within a
> week or two I'll have a
> basic grasp on most of the functions, but I want to
> know if it will be worth
> it for what I need it for or if I would be better
> off learning something
> different (and harder >.<)

>From the http://panda3d.org website:

Panda3D is a 3D engine: a library of subroutines for
3D rendering and game development. The library is C++
with a set of Python bindings. Game development with
Panda3D usually consists of writing a Python program
that controls the the Panda3D library.

Panda3D was developed by Disney for their massively
multiplayer online game, Toontown. It was released as
free software in 2002. Panda3D is now developed
jointly by Disney and Carnegie Mellon University's
Entertainment Technology Center