[Tutor] What is a Python "project"?

Dick Moores rdm at rcblue.com
Tue Oct 3 20:41:16 CEST 2006

At 10:01 AM 10/3/2006, Mike Hansen wrote:

> [...]

Yes, I already have done this. But in scripts I write I simply import
the functions I want from that module. I don't think in terms of
making a project. Maybe I've missed your point?

>http://docs.python.org/tut/node8.html

Now, that page has a lot of stuff I didn't know. Thanks! Maybe I
should read the whole tutorial. I see that's it's been updated for
2.5. And it's by GvR. http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

>I've been doing some web programming, so my "projects" consist of
>cheetah template files, CSS, config files, a handful of python
>modules...

Why do you make python modules part of a project? They can be used
without copying them around, can't they? Or is it that by a project
is meant in part a list of pointers to all the files you mean for
that program to use, and you don't actually have to copy or move them
so they are all in the same folder/directory?

Thanks, Mike.

Dick