[Tutor] Suggestions required on Gaming

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 11:14:34 CEST 2006

Arun Kumar PG wrote:
> Thanks Luke.
>
> I want to make a 3-D car race game between two players. And yes its
> gonna  be a networked game where each user will be using his/her own
> PC and playing.
If you want it to be 3d, you have a couple'o choices...
Pygame with the PyopenGL interface,
Panda3d,
Soya,
PyOgre,
and perhaps others.
The only one I've used was Panda3d, and I didn't get very far, so I
can't comment on that.  I can say, though,
I've played Disney's Toontown game, which is a 3d mmorpg made with
Panda3d, so yes, it's possible to make 3d networked games in Python :)

 >Also, my idea is to have a centralised Python server which acts as a
dispachter to send the coordinate and other information to the gaming
clients.

For your networking, you'll probably want to use Twisted.

HTH,
-Luke