[Tutor] Building a simple text editor

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 15 00:52:04 CEST 2006

"Asrarahmed Kadri" <ajkadri at googlemail.com> wrote
> Is it possible to make the utility like in vi, where the user keeps
> on
> entering the data and when he hits ':wq', the work is saved and the
> application exists.

YES BUT THE ACTUAL CODE TO READ KEYSTROKES AS
THEY ARE TYPED WILL BE VERY DIFFERENT DEPENDING
ON WHEHER YOU USE A gii OR A TEXT CONSOLE.

SEE MY EVENT HANDLING TOPIC FOR EXAMPLES OF
BOTH STYLE TO COMPARE AND CONTRAST.

Oops!! Sorry for the upper case, not meaning to shout but
this mail tool has no case inversion, and its late...

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site