[Tutor] an alternative to shutil.move()?

Alfonso euoar at yahoo.es
Mon Oct 16 01:16:19 CEST 2006

Is there an alternative in python to use shutil.move()?

It copies the files and then removes the source file insted of just
moving directly the file (don't know much about file systems, but I
suppose that when you move using the shell, if both source and
destination are in the same partition, it's just a matter of changing
the entries in the file allocation table). Copying the entire file,
specially with big files is very slow, and I think that it makes an
unnecesary use of the hard drive and system resources, when both source
file and destination are on the same partition...