[Tutor] Location of found item in list.

Chris Hengge pyro9219 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 01:15:07 CEST 2006

I'm looking for a way to do the following.

for item in limitedLineList:
        if item in directoryList:
            print match.ljust(20) + limitedLineList[count].ljust(20) +
directoryList[count].ljust(20)
        else:
            print fail.ljust(20) + limitedLineList[count].ljust(20) +
directoryList[count].ljust(20)
            os.rename(pathName + directoryList[count], pathName +
limitedLineList[count])
        count = count + 1

Where I have underlined, needs to be the item from the directoryList, and
I'm unable to find a way to return that.

The code is actually doing what I want correctly, (cheated a test by hand
changing variables), but I need to find the directory location.

Thanks.