[Tutor] Location of found item in list.

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Thu Oct 19 02:38:37 CEST 2006

Chris Hengge wrote:
> Still no progress with this myself.
>
> For clarification if I didn't provide enough earlier,
> for item in list1:
>     if item in list2:
>          print item and list[object at location where matched item] <--
> need this location.

I still don't understand your question. If you want the index in list2
of the item that matches, use list2.find(item).

If you want to enumerate over a list and have the list indices available
as well as the list values, use enumerate() e.g.
for i, item in enumerate(list1):
   # i is the index of item in list1

Kent