[Tutor] checking for robots on a python script based site

Tsila Hassine tsila.hassine at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 12:55:22 CEST 2006

Hello All!

I have a site that takes some input from the user and then produces a
dynamic page based on the input. In the last months bots (not only search
engine ones) have been hitting the site pretty heavily, so my sys admin
disabled it. As far as I know there are 2 options to fight this :
1: write a robots.txt file - but then I'd have to rely on the bots' good
will.
2: implement a "captcha" mechanism, which I am not sure I want.

Does Python provide anything to deal with such problems ?
thanks,
Tsila