[Tutor] 5 questions
pine508 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 22 08:39:57 CEST 2006
1. Is there a searchable archive of this list?
2. Is there list ettiquette one should be aware of?
3. Besides Vaults of Parnassus, are there other webpages which list projects
written in Python? I'm mainly interested in looking at non-technical
software, things for the common user to use. I've been surprised at just
how little of that type I've found so far.
4. Can anyone recommend good books for non-programmers starting out learning
Python? I've looked through a few so far and they are ok ("Learning
Python", "Python: How to Program") but am still hoping to find one that
doesn't assume any prior knowledge of programming and defines terms when
they are first presented. (That might be a tall order, I know...)
5. If I want to take user information from text boxes, check boxes, etc.,
and store it for later re-display to the person (imagine a movie rating
diary, with text review of the film and checkboxes or sliders to give it 5
stars, or has action, or is a comedy, etc.) and have all of it be
efficiently searchable, what are some good ways to go in terms of how to
save the information? For now I have textbox info saving just to a .txt
file, but that can't be a good way to go about it. I have the vague sense I
should learn about databases, but really am not sure what to read about...
All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC. Get a free 90-day trial!
More information about the Tutor