[Tutor] A new error while running matplotlib....

Asrarahmed Kadri ajkadri at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 23 17:07:54 CEST 2006

>>> from pylab import *

#When i issued the above command, teh following error message is being
displayed.
RuntimeError: module compiled against version 1000002 of C-API but this
version
of numpy is 1000009

The import of the numpy version of the nxutils module,
_nsnxutils, failed.  This is is either because numpy was
unavailable when matplotlib was compiled, because a dependency of
_nsnxutils could not be satisfied, or because the build flag for
this module was turned off in setup.py.  If it appears that
_nsnxutils was not built, make sure you have a working copy of
numpy and then re-install matplotlib. Otherwise, the following
traceback gives more details:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\python\Lib\site-packages\pylab.py", line 1, in ?
    from matplotlib.pylab import *
  File "C:\python\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\pylab.py", line 199, in ?
    import mlab  #so I can override hist, psd, etc...
  File "C:\python\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\mlab.py", line 64, in ?
    import nxutils
  File "C:\python\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\nxutils.py", line 17, in ?
    from matplotlib._ns_nxutils import *
ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import

Any idea how to get aroudn with this..

On 10/23/06, Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net> wrote:

> Asrarahmed Kadri wrote:
> >
> > Folks..
> >
> > I am trying to install Matplotlib on my windows machine. I have
> > ActivePython 2.4.3 Build 12 (ActiveState Software Inc.) based on
> > Python 2.4.3 (#69, Apr 11 2006, 15:32:42) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
> > win32.
> >
> > When I try to install matplotlib-0.87.6, it gives me an error message
> > *_"Python version 2.3 required, which was not found in the registry"._*
> > Any idea about resolving this issue....!!!
>
> It sounds like you downloaded the wrong installer, you need the Windows
> installer for Python 2.4, it is called matplotlib-0.87.6.win32-py2.4.exe
>
> Kent

To HIM you shall return.