[Tutor] I am terribly confused about "generators" and "iterators".. Help me

Jonathon Sisson sisson.j at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 23:55:10 CEST 2006

My understanding is that an iterator is basically a facade` pattern.  If
you aren't familiar with patterns, a facade` pattern basically makes
something really easy to use or convenient.  Yes, you can "do it by
hand", and many times that is indeed the preferred method, but sometimes
it's easier to use an iterator...particularly if it isn't a special
case.  Nothing in the manual says you HAVE to use iterators, but they
*can* make life easier.

Jonathon