[Tutor] Adding voting to several object in python and db

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Sun Oct 29 02:30:47 CEST 2006

anil maran wrote:
> I m having lots of fun with python it is like all of sudden I m
> unshackled from the days of java Man it is a lot of fun. It is super
> simple and easy... Ok now to my question, I m trying to add a ranking
> feature to various objects in the system,  the users, their posts,
> their media etc, suffice to say I have to rank a lot of objects. I can
> think of implementing this rudimentarily, add python code and copy to
> do everything.
>
> Each object is a postgres db.. eg
> Table user
> {
> username, metadata,
> RANKING int4,
>
> }
>
> and so on...
> I cant but woefully look at Ruby_oN_rails guys adding ranking with just
> one line @act_as_votable and they are set.. no more bugs to fix, Do you
> guys have any ideas on how to do this, somehting similar to
>
> @checkaccess in auth also seems reasonable..
I for one could not begin to address your question as I do not know what
you mean by ranking, nor am I familiar with Ruby or @act_as_votable. Nor
do I understand "implementing this rudimentarily, add python code and
copy to do everything"

Perhaps others have the background to help you. If you don't get any
useful replies, please explain the desired behavior.

--
Bob Gailer
510-978-4454