[Tutor] xml dom

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Wed Sep 6 17:47:53 CEST 2006

devayani barve wrote:
> hi
> I wanted to know if there was any other source of learning dom
> implementation apart from python library reference?

There is the XML topic guide at
http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/

If you like books, Python in a Nutshell has a chapter on XML processing
and O'Reilly also has a complete book on "Python & XML".

However, I personally think there are better ways to work with XML than
the standard DOM libraries, which I find kind of clunky. I prefer
ElementTree (now standard in Python 2.5). Unless you have a specific
requirement for DOM I would look into the alternatives.
http://effbot.org/zone/element.htm

Kent