[Tutor] Some questions about my yen-USD.py

Dick Moores rdm at rcblue.com
Fri Sep 8 00:10:41 CEST 2006

At 07:16 AM 9/7/2006, Danny Yoo wrote:
>Hi Dick,
>
>I'm looking at the last part of the main() function:
>
>#################
>def main():
>      while True:
>          again()
>          if again:
>              break
>#################
>
>This looks a little suspicious.  What does the again() function do, and is
>it supposed to return a value?

I've just seen all the answers to my original post. Thank you all.
For now, just to answer Danny's question:

Danny,

Yes. It will return anything other than "y", "Y", etc., in answer to
the prompt, "\n\nDo you want to do another calculation? Y/N: ". This
will cause a break out of the while loop and call
closingMesssage().  Too convoluted, I'm sure, but it does work.

Dick