[Tutor] Traversing Excel Columns

Chris Hengge pyro9219 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 02:48:22 CEST 2006

Hmm... ok... after some thought... this is what I'm looking for

#some great line that gives me an int for the number of not null cells
intLastUsedRow = xlSht.Cells.LastValue #Made this up, but basically what I
need.

I need to iterate through a range() because I dont know another good way to
tell it not to use the column headings and other junk over the data I want
to collect.

try: #Loop through rows
    for row in range(5,intLastUsedRow):
        #Write each row, incriment 1+row in column 5
        file.write(xlSht.Cells(1+row,5).Value)