[Tutor] HTML page status

Johan Geldenhuys johan at accesstel.co.za
Mon Sep 11 14:07:06 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I looked a little bit at the urllib and it all looks fairly easy.
What I didn't see, if it is there, was how to know or identify if a page
was successfully downloaded. I want to do tests to see if a connection
to a webpage was successful by parsing whatever came back.

Will this be the easiest way of doing this or is there a different way
of testing the availability of webpages? Let's say I can connect to a
webpage, but it failed to upload 100%, how will I know that the
connection was not 100% successful? I'm not very familiar with url
parsing and HTML to know if there are other indicators to notify me if a
page or any web access is possible.

Once this was done, can I add features to say how fast the page was
downloaded?

Thanks

Johan