[Tutor] GDAL- Help

Nagendra Singh singh01 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 21:25:21 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am just starting to learn Python and I want to perform some GIS
tasks which requires the gdal module (http://www.gdal.org/). I have
installed FWTools which also comes with a built in Python interface
but I also have a stand alone version of Python which I use. I am
trying to use the gdal module but I keep getting an error message that
gdal module is not found,even after appending the module using the
sys.path.append command. Can you anyone please let me know how do I
use the gdal module in the python I have (I dowlloaded it from
activestate) or I have to use the Python which comes with gdal but it
does not offer me the IDE.

thanks in advance
Nagendra