[Tutor] Python Course at Foothill College

Jonathon Sisson sisson.j at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 00:46:21 CEST 2006

I'll have to second that...my school is wrapped up with Java, C#, and
Scheme.  Python has all about ruined me for programming in other
languages, and I really wish Python was taught/allowed at my school.
I'm currently working on a team for CSC 480 (Senior Project - Design
Phase) and we're forced to choke down Microsoft design models (I'm an
avid open source
advocate...(http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/ for a
paper by Eric S. Raymond that, for me, hits the nail on the head).)

*sigh* Perhaps when I start grad school I'll be in a position to use my
favored language...until then I guess .NET wins.

By the way, CIS at my school is a hybrid between business and computer
science.  It's basically a lightweight computer science degree combined
with a lightweight business degree.  From a computer science standpoint,
it does cover the fundamentals (architectures, programming, data
structures, algorithms, etc...) but does not include the senior project
course series, advanced database admin, Windows admin, etc...