[Tutor] Movies from jpg files

János Juhász janos.juhasz at VELUX.com
Sat Apr 7 12:20:51 CEST 2007

Dear Alan,

Alan Gauld wrote:
>If you are usoing XP this is very easily done using MovieMaker.
>Just drag n drop the jpg files into MM and adjust the durations.
>Any of those programs will give you a choice of formats in
>which to save the final movie.

Thanks your response.
It should works well with some images, but I would do it with a scheduled
with some 1000 files.

So, I have to extend my prev. post.

I have found a fine Axis 2100 webcamera on my shelf, that was out of
It uploads jpg images every minutes to an ftp server now.
I would like to build up a movie from the pictures for easier review.
I don't know which movie format can be built up easier,
.jpeg, quicktime .mov, .wmv, .avi or anything else.
It would be fine to use a format that has compression advantage compared
the raw volume of jpg files. It could be possible as the camera placed
so the images are very similar.

May you recommend me which format could be used ?
May you recommend anything to build them easy ?

I have some thousand images, so I would use some kind of script to do it.
May you recommend any python library to build any kind of movies from a
folder of
jpg files?
It could be any commandline tool anyway, that I can call with os.system(),
but I wouldn't use GUI for it.

Yours sincerely,
János Juhász