[Tutor] Protected in Python

Nader Alrawahi nalrawahi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 04:32:47 CEST 2007

Hello everyone,
I have been working on an object-oriented project using Python and I was
browsing through the manual looking for some information about data-hiding
in Python. We know that methods can be private or public , but is there a
way we can make them protected in Python, something similar to Java? maybe?
and if that so how does that work? I have been googling around and I found
this post:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2006-April/377721.html ,
"protected
= used internally by base and derived classes" , can someone please explain
further or point me to the right direction to search or read?

Appreciate it!

--
Nader