[Tutor] IDE / development environment

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 22 17:19:53 CEST 2007

"Luke Paireepinart" <rabidpoobear at gmail.com> wrote

> for fear that the person who can't remember whether to use reply or
> reply-all for this group

I won't get into the whole philospohy bit here but the rule is
quite simple and standard and should work on any standard
mail tool..

Read the From header.
Reply sends it to whoever/whatever is in that header
(OK technically it sends it to the Reply-To header if set).

Mail sent via Python's Mailman comes from the original
sender and is CCd to the list, therefore you need Reply All
to reply to the list.. Reply replies to the sender.

Just use the tools as they were designed and it is very simple.

Having said that I do appreciate that web mail tools in particular
are often quite brain-dead and make Reply All hard to find - I
recently got caught out by a web tool that hasd ReplyAll as
its default and I wound up sending to the list when I intended
sending to the sender!!

Alan G.