[Tutor] Tkinter import error

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 02:34:25 CEST 2007

On 4/23/07, Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear at gmail.com> wrote:
> So the problem is in your 2.5 install?

Well, I get the same error no matter whether I try to import Tkinter
while running 2.3, 2.4, or 2.5.

> Can you just use a binary package or do you need to compile from scratch?

I don't need to compile from scratch, just thought that was the
preferred way to do things, and that it might pick up
already-installed packages and avoid errors such as this one.  Do most
Linux binaries come with Tkinter support already installed?

> You can use the #! first line in your source code to specify which
> Python interpreter to use, I believe,
> so you could direct it at one of your other installs for now until you
> get 2.5 working....

I think it's more of a system/configuration problem than one
specifically with 2.5.  The other Python versions give the same exact
error.

Thanks,
~John