[Tutor] Which GUI?

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 17:28:45 CEST 2007

On 8/2/07, Eric Brunson <brunson at brunson.com> wrote:

> Switching gears from linear to event driven programming is a pretty
> significant paradigm shift.  Will this book help him get his head around
> that?

That's one of the main reasons why I bought it actually. I couldn't
grasp in any significant way how it worked. I could build a working
wxpython program based on tutorials etc. but didn't really know
why/how it worked. There are early sections in the book dealing with
the basics of the event-driven paradigm as well as a section
discussing the Model-View-Controller pattern too. It's not exhaustive
on the subject by any means, but cleared up a lot of questions for me.

It doesn't just throw you into building a detailed wxpython app
without any background as to how it works - although it does get you
going immediately with some small hello world type stuff to
immediately build a little confidence. ;)

RQ